Asparagus is one of my all time favorite vegetables! Unfortunately, I’m the only person in my family who likes it. Despite this, I make some preparation of asparagus weekly. This particular recipe gets doubled and munched on for days– it’s just that good!
You Will Need:
- 1lb fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2TBSP olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 4TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 3TBSP crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat pan to medium-high heat until oil is hot. Add asparagus.
- Cook asparagus until just tender, turning every 2 minutes to avoid charring. Add garlic and saute until browned.
- Add diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until vinegar begins to reduce.
- Season to taste and serve hot. Enjoy!