One look at my blog will tell you I like balsamic vinegar! I really can’t get enough of the stuff. In fact, I am an all around vinegar lover. I use it to clean my floors, brighten my laundry, and get stains out of my carpets. So when I discovered this rich cousin of distilled white vinegar, I was more than thrilled. Always looking for more ways to add a pucker to my palate, I devised this delicious recipe. It is truly scrumptious- and good for you too!
You Will Need:
- 1lb boneless chicken thighs
- Preferred cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, may substitute canned if necessary
- Heat a splash of oil in a medium nonstick skillet. Arrange the chicken thighs so that they are laid out completely, not folded over as boneless thighs tend to be.
- Sear chicken on each side until golden brown. About 5 minutes per side. Chicken may not be cooked through– this is okay.
- Season to taste, then layer pan with sliced ripe tomatoes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and a small amount of water. Reduce heat to medium-low. Spoon sauce over chicken as it finishes cooking.
- Allow the sauce to reduce, adding more water as needed. Sauce should be fairly thick. Serve hot alongside rice and enjoy!