This tomato pasta is one that the whole family will enjoy. Rich with tomato flavor and mildly sweet, it is sure to appeal to even the pickiest palettes. Serve hot alongside your favorite protein for a heartwarming meal. For additional flavor, stir in dairy-free soy-free cheeses such as Daiya Mozzarella Shreds. Enjoy!
You Will Need:
- 2c whole grain medium shell pasta, uncooked
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1tsp each)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Boil pasta until al-dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and stir in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Heat to simmering, then reduce heat to low. Add sugar and stir until completely distributed.
- Add remaining seasonings and cornstarch.
- Allow pasta to simmer for approximately 5 minutes, until sauce is considerably thickened.
- Serve hot and enjoy.