This quick and easy tilapia dish makes for a nutritious weeknight meal. Serve with steamed white rice and your favorite vegetable for a simple and light meal, or check out some of my blog’s popular side dishes for pairing ideas.
You Will Need:
- 4-6 Tilapia fillets, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp melted soy-free margarine
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil a baking dish.
- Arrange tilapia fillets in baking dish so that no or few edges overlap.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Toss breadcrumbs with melted butter and remaining seasonings. Spoon seasoned bread crumbs over fish.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Broil for an additional 2-3 minutes to brown topping.