Are you ready for an INSANELY delicious recipe? This is it! As always, allergen free, and easily vegan. Even better, this recipe is very easy, suitable for even beginner cooks. Take a few minutes and make these delectable goodies– your taste buds will thank you!
You Will Need:
– Cupcake papers, regular or miniature size
– 1 cup coconut oil
– 3/4 cup cocoa powder
– 3/4 cup honey or corn syrup
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 tsp imitation butter flavor*
Ideas For Filling:
– raw cashew butter
– chopped nuts, such as almonds
– dried fruit, such as cranberries or cherries.
1. Combine all of the ‘chocolate’ ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat slowly over medium-low heat, stirring constantly once coconut oil begins to melt.
2. Arrange cupcake papers on a cookie sheet. Recipe makes about a dozen regular, or many more miniature cups.
3. Scoop 1 spoonful of melted chocolate into each cupcake paper. Brush sides of cup with chocolate halfway to the top of the cupcake papers. Be sure to leave no bare spots, as your filling will leak through these holes.
4. Place entire cookie sheet in freezer for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until chocolate is tacky. When touched, your finger should come away clean and the chocolate will feel ‘gelatinous’.
5. While chocolate is hardening, prepare the filling. 1 tsp of dairy free soy free margarine and 1/2 cup marshmallows can be heated slowly to make a marshmallow cream chocolate cup. A tablespoon of raw cashew butter makes for a delicious un-peanut butter cup. Whole marshmallows and chopped almonds make a yummy Rocky Road cup.
6. When the chocolate cups are hardened, remove from freezer and add filling of choice. Spoon more chocolate (it should still be runny- heat slightly if needed) on top of filling. If desired, sprinkle chopped nuts on top of chocolate cups.
7. Replace in freezer. Let set for 30 minutes, or until chocolate is almost completely hardened.
8. Remove from freezer and gently peel away the cupcake wrappers. Be careful, as the edges of the chocolate will be brittle.
9. Replace in freezer for an additional 10 minutes before enjoying.
10. Store in the refrigerator to ensure that chocolate keeps shape and does not melt.
*NOTE: May substitute 1tsp dairy free soy free margarine, melted.
**NOTE: For completely vegan cups, use vegan marshmallows. For nut-free cups, avoid using nuts.