These brownies are lip-smacking good and of course are allergy friendly! Check out this recipe for the ultimate gooey chocolate snack. For firmer brownies, refrigerate after baking. Otherwise, store these in an airtight container to maintain their softness.
You Will Need:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup cool water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chunks*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8×8 metal cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in water, oil, and vanilla, and mix until well blended. Add chocolate chunks.
- Pour into pan and spread evenly. Smooth the top and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is no longer shiny. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
*NOTE: There are several brands of vegan chocolate chips and chocolate chunks on the market. My favorite is Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chunks, which melt and taste like real milk chocolate chunks.