Mmm, this blend of seasonings really heightens the delicate flavor of cod loin fillets! Creating your own spice blend gives you the power to pick and choose from your favorite flavors. Try this Mediterranean-inspired citrus-y spiced cod for a light and healthy entree!
You Will Need:
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of one orange
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 lb cod loin fillets
- olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced onion or onion powder
- 1 tsp orange peel
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp peppermint
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- Blend lemon juice, orange juice, and olive oil together in a shallow dish.
- Place cod fillets in juice marinade and turn to coat. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, blend together spices.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Turn fish and spoon citrus juices over fillets.
- When pan is hot, place cod fillets into the pan and season heavily with the spice blend you just made.
- Turn every 3-5 minutes, drizzling fish with more olive oil as needed to prevent fish from sticking. Season opposite side of cod loin fillet after the first time turning.
- When fish flakes, remove from heat, drizzle with a tsp of olive oil and sprinkle with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Serve alongside rice pilaf for a healthy and satisfying meal.