This rice pairs well with Asian inspired dishes, but also stands out alongside chicken and can serve as a tasty afternoon snack. Serve hot or chilled to your preference and enjoy!
You Will Need:
- 1 3/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk and solids (canned)
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Bring chicken or vegetable broth and coconut milk to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add rice and cover. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Continue simmering for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until rice is tender.