This meal is delicious and exciting on the taste buds, as well as being low calorie and close to fat free! The oven roasting gives the chicken breasts a crisp top, while keeping it juicy, succulent and tender. Accompanied by the squash and vegetable sauce, each bite offers a pleasant hot-and-sweet flavor. Enjoy alongside garlic pasta or rice for a tempting supper!
You Will Need:
- 3 Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 golden crookneck squash
- 1 green Mexican squash
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 large carrot
- 2tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of your favorite mild salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly oil a baking dish with olive oil. Place chicken in pan and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- In the meantime, slice vegetables thinly. Heat oil in a large skillet and toss in all vegetables to cook.
- Cook until all vegetables are tender, then add garlic and seasonings. Cook on medium heat for an additional 2 minutes.
- When vegetables are cooked through, pour into a blender along with coconut milk and salsa. Blend thoroughly, about 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
Tagged: Allergy Free, allergy free dinner ideas, Allergy Friendly, allergy friendly dinner ideas, allergy friendly recipes, crookneck squash, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, mexican squash, Nut-Free, oven roasted chicken, Soy-Free, squash, squash puree, squash sauce