This mac n’ cheese is so creamy, you won’t even know it’s dairy free! Full of real cheese taste, creamy flavor, and meaty chunks of ham, this is the ultimate comfort food- without any of the nasty allergenic factors.
You Will Need:
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni (I used tri-color veggie macaroni for additional nutrients)
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup Daiya parmasan style shreds
- 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar style shreds
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Boil your noodles until al dente, about 8 minutes. A wooden spoon laid atop your pot will keep it from over boiling.
- Drain noodles and stir in Daiya immediately. Keep stirring until it’s melted- it takes a bit!
- Next, stir in diced ham, salt and pepper, and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes until sauce is thickened, or longer if necessary.
- Optional: If desired, add veggies in before simmering. Corn and broccoli go nicely.
TIP: If you’re looking to sneak extra veggies into your kids, go for baby food! Pureed peas, green beans, and sweet potatoes are all delicious additions. And with the cheesy goodness of Daiya, they won’t even taste the difference!